Download the Student Chapter Package Materials
AAEES Student Chapters
How to Start a Student Chapter
The American Academy of Environmental Engineers and Scientists recognizes and assists environmental or environmental engineering student associations. The requirements for recognition and support together with a brief description of the benefits provided follow:
The Academy will recognize environmental engineering and environmental science student associations which:
- are organized to benefit environmental engineering and environmental science undergraduate and/or graduate students and related engineering and scientific disciplines as determined by the student association;
- are officially recognized (chartered) by the university where the student association is located;
- are operated with the guidance of a faculty advisor; and
- agree to fulfill the responsibilities prescribed by the Academy.
The Academy will provide student chapters which it recognizes with the following benefits:
- assignment of an BCEE, BCEEM, or BCES to provide practical assistance to a student association;
- a cloisonne lapel pin for each student member attesting to the Academy's recognition;
- a subscription to the Environmental Engineer and Scientist for each student member paying $10/year (optional);
- a copy of the Environmental Engineering and Science Selection and Career Guide for each student member (this is a good job hunting tool);
- a certificate for the chapter commemorating the Academy's recognition.
The recognition and benefits as described above are equivalent or better than other engineering societies provide their student members.
Back to Top