An AAEES Member is anyone who has a minimum of a baccalaureate degree in environmental (or related) engineering or environmental (or related) science and is currently practicing in the field or actively engaged in teaching.
Members have the right to vote in Academy Elections and on other issues put to the membership from time to time.
Members may serve on Committees as well as attend any Academy meetings on a local, regional or national level.
All members, upon joining will also receive these benefits:
- Recognition by publication of their name in Who's Who in Environmental Engineering and Science®
- Complimentary subscription to Environmental Engineer and Scientist, as well as copies of Who's Who in Environmental Engineering and Science®, and the Environmental Engineering and Science Resource Guidebook.
- Half price application and exam fee when applying for Board Certification.
- Discounts afforded Academy members on publications and services
- Networking with Academy members through service on Academy committees.
The Member category is the next step in your life-long career in environmental engineering and science. It is the Academy's sincerest desire that every member will aspire to undergo the process for obtaining Specialty Certification once they have reached the appropriate amount of training and experience.
How to Apply for AAEES Member Through the AAEES Center
- Click on this link to access the AAEES Center.
- Click Log In.
- If you have previously created an account, simply log in using your primary email address and password.
- If you are new to the AAEES Center, click on New Visitor Registration and follow the instructions to create a new account as a visitor.
- Your account profile will appear.
- Click on Shop AAEES on the left side of the page.
- Scroll through the Featured Products.
- Select Apply for AAEES Membership (Uncertified) and add the item to your cart. The price listed is the annual membership fee.
- Check Out
- After the transansaction is completed, click on My Downloadable Products to download the application.
- Follow the instructions on the application.