Become A Board Certified Environmental Engineering Member
The American Academy of Environmental Engineers and Scientists® certifies qualified environmental engineering members recommended by peers in their field of specialty as Board Certified Environmental Engineering Members by Eminence certification procedures prescribed by the Academy's Bylaws.
Board Certified Environmental Engineering Members (BCEEM) are not licensed professional engineers, and the board certification made available to them through the Academy is not a substitute for a professional engineer's license.
Environmental engineers without a P.E. License, Board Certified Environmental Engineers (BCEEM), may be certified through Eminence.
Each candidate for certification as a Board Certified Environmental Engineering Member is required to possess certain minimum qualifications.
All candidates shall:
- Possess a degree in environmental engineering or related engineering degree acceptable to the American Academy of Environmental Engineers Certification Board (AAEECB);
- Demonstrate a minimum of 20 years of experience in environmental engineering in academia, consulting, government, industry, or the military;
- Ten of those years must be in senior positions (senior management, teaching, research, consulting, industry, executive government position(s) or the military);
- Must have achieved a position of leadership within their organization. Meeting this qualification requires consideration of both the position the individual has achieved and also of the scale and nature of the organization wherein they hold this position;
- Must show a record of service to the profession (e.g., work on committees, commissions, boards of government and professional societies/organizations, etc.);
- Must show a record of professional honors and awards received; and
- A record of scholarly publications.
By obtaining certification, you demonstrate competence through comprehensive written and oral examinations in one or more of the following specialties:
- Air Pollution Control
- Environmental Sustainability
- General Environmental Engineering
- Hazardous Waste Management and Site Remediation
- Industrial Hygiene Engineering
- Radiation Protection Engineering
- Solid Waste Management
- Water Supply/Wastewater Engineering
How Do I Apply to become a Board Certification in Environmental Engineering Member (BCEEM)?
To download the BCEE/BCEEM Nomination form, click here.
For more information on how to submit a nomination, contact J. Sammi Olmo, at 410-266-3311; or email: JSOlmo@aaees.org (Subject Title: "Eminence").
Back to Top